I completely forgot to mention Ava playing soccer this summer. I'm not sure how that slipped my mind since we were at the soccer field a couple times a week and Steve was even able to coasch a few games!
Ava sure loved going to soccer and playing with all her little friends. We saw a different side of her, though. She was really quiet and didn't talk to any of the other kids. She was the youngest (and the smallest) on her team and was one of the only ones who had not started school yet. I think that makes a big difference with simple things like knowing how to form a line-up and basic social skills that she hasn't learned yet. But all in all it was a good season. Her team colour was green and they decided a good name for the team would be "Shamrocks" which I thought suited it perfectly! Ava was jersey number 1, which made Steve really proud.




No comments:
Post a Comment