Monday, March 15, 2010

Slacker...

Like the new background?  Yeah, me too!  I'm new to the blogging world and had no clue you could get pretty backgrounds FOR FREE!!  It feels so fresh and new, I like it!!  So, I know I've been slacking big time on this blog.  Not sure if anybody stops by to read it often but I actually really enjoy it.  I don't get on the computer much lately, the kids are keeping me quite busy.  Not too much going on in our neck of the woods.  Sienna is offically potty trained, woohoo!!  She is becoming quite independent too, wants to do everything herself.  We've decided to sign Ava up for soccer this summer so that should keep us nice and busy.  She loves anything social and is really excited to play soccer.  Elliott is still into everything and anything he can get his hands on.  He wears me out, *sigh*

This past weekend Ava, Sienna and myself had a really fun time making these adorable little "cake pops".  I discovered this amazing new (well, new to me) site.  Heres our version of "cake pops" chickety style!  Not quite as professional looking as I would like, but I'm learning and know what to do next time.  They were so delicious and moist!  The kids had so much fun making them and loved every bite.  Thats right, theres CAKE inside those cute little chicketies!  I hope to make a Saint Patrick's Day version of these cake pops tomorrow for Steve to take to work on Wednesday.  Will post pics of those as soon as their made...

4 comments:

  1. I stop by to read! And I **LOVE** the cake pops, they're adorable! You're so adventurous when it comes to baking...I just look for the easy recipes and hope they taste good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stop by to read too!! hahaha I'm always in awe of your baking - I never bake. SO not interested, and here you are whipping off edible chickens.... SO cute, and I'm sure they were scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amber they turned out great! I love Bakarellas site too. How did they taste though? I haven't wanted to make them because the idea of smooshed cake didn't appeal to me. I did wonder if I could get the same look if I used doughnut holes. But if you say they taste good maybe I'll give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute chicks and also cute bowl to put them in! We also are putting Elania and Brayden in soccer this summer too! Should be fun to watch. I definitely check out your blog regularly! Which reminds me that I should post on mine tonight!

    ReplyDelete